Meghan Adler has been a professional educator for over 26 years, previously in New York, where her teaching experience was profiled in The New York Times. Meghan currently works as a learning and literacy specialist in the Bay Area. She holds a BS in Elementary Education, as well as an MS in Reading, and served as an adjunct professor of literacy at Hofstra University’s Graduate School of Education. In San Francisco, she spent many years volunteering at 826 Valencia, where she mentored young writers. In honor of her excellent work and dedication to 826, Meghan was named a Tutor of the Month. Some of her lessons were chosen to be included in the book, Don’t Forget to Write: 50 Enthralling and Effective Writing Lessons for the Elementary Grades, published by 826 National, edited by Jennifer Traig and Dave Eggers. Meghan offers individual learning support and mentoring to students and their families.
Learning Specialist / Literary Specialist, Grades K-12
- organization, time management, and self-regulation skills
- sensory-motor integration techniques
- test-taking strategies and study skills
- creative and expository writing techniques
- phonics and vocabulary development skills
- reading comprehension strategies
- high school and college entrance essay support
All learning and literacy services are offered through individualized, private instruction. Contact Meg to inquire about availability.